Thursday, September 4, 2008

Value Meal Scams

If you think that when you go out to eat with your kids and buying something off of the Value Meal is a good idea, guess again. Often times we think that because something is cheaper and smaller, that it isn't as bad for you as the regular size.

Well, there is some restaurants that are doing better with reducing fat content and what they are frying their food in, such as McDonalds and Wendy's. However, even these "health conscious" restaurants have food that still isn't the best for you.

One of the best books that I have read lately is the "Eat This, Not That!" book. I'm not sure if you have heard of it or seen it.



This book is really neat and a great reference for people, and kids, to see exactly what the healthier alternative is in the fast food industry. I like this book for the fact that I sometimes think I am eating healthy when I am really not.

If you are a person that is on the go for work all the time and find yourself eating meals out a lot, then you should at least check this book out. You might, WILL, be surprised at what you find out about your favorite meal at your favorite restaurant.

Since I have begun to exercise more and watch more of what I am stuffing my face with, I have begun to really feel better and notice a difference when I eat well versus when I eat "junk". You will notice a difference as well when you do also.

No comments: